Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
2901 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is an African lodge-style hotel, inspired by the intrepid explorers and historic expeditions of 19th century Africa.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge resembles a South African game lodge and set in a semi-circular compound amidst a 43-acre wildlife preserve, where more than 30 species of animals roam free in the four lush, tropical savannas. Guests will have the unique opportunity to observe exotic animals from glass windows throughout the resort and from the balconies of select guest rooms. Animals such as giraffes, zebras, gazelle, wildebeests, flamingos, ostriches, and more can be seen within the area.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas encompasses two African-inspired buildings: Jambo House, and Kidani Village. The entire building is fully wrapped in rich African inspired architecture, landscape, and culture. As you enter the Jambo House lobby, the thatched ceilings, large wooden beams, woven tapestry ceiling, and hand carved African furniture will have you feeling as if you have just entered an African lodge.
Room Accommodations at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Standing at six stories tall and holding nearly 762 rooms inside, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the best places to stay on Walt Disney World ® Resort property.
Each room is vividly decorated with hand-carved beds, adorning African inspired patterned quilts, décor and tapestries. Each room has a spacious bathroom, as well, with two sinks and a full bath area. Rooms vary from standard views, pool views, to savanna views. The Savanna view rooms offer fully furnished balconies with views overlooking the wild animal preserves.
• 972 Rooms (Jambo House only),
216 Jambo House Villas and
493 Kidani Village Villas.
• Rooms accommodate up to four Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib.
• A limited number of 3-bedroom Grand Villas accommodating up to 12 Guests are available upon request.
• All rooms have two queen-size beds, or one queen-size bed and bunk beds, or one king-size bed (select deluxe rooms also include a day bed and balcony).
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House is an African lodge-style hotel set amidst a 38-acre wildlife preserve, where more than 30 species of animals roam free.
Map of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is located in the Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort area.
Distance from Airport: 23 miles
Distance from Downtown: 24 miles
Distance from Attractions:
• Magic Kingdom – 6 miles
• Epcot – 5.5 miles
• Animal Kingdom – 1 mile
Local Transportation Options:
• Complimentary round trip airport transportation aboard Disney's Magical Express.
• Complimentary transportation to all attractions within the Walt Disney World Resort Area via bus, boat, and/or monorail.
• Parking: Complimentary self parking; valet parking available for an additional fee.
• Check-In Time - 3 pm
• Check-Out Time - 11 am
• Guest rooms - 762
• 24-Hour Front Desk
Location: Disney's Animal Kingdom Area
Disney Category: Deluxe
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village is an all-villa African-style lodge that boasts its very own 21-acre expanded animal savanna where over 30 species of wildlife roam. The villa is complete
with its own incredible pool, a 128-foot water slide, delicious African cuisine with Indian flavors served at the Sanaa Restaurant, a merchandise shop, and fitness center.
Kidani Village features beautifully appointed villa accommodations with blended home-like amenities that include kitchenettes/kitchens and multi-bedroom units with most offer sweeping savanna views.
Map of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Accommodation
Two-Bedroom Villas can accommodate up to eight Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom, second bedroom, DVD player and private porch or balcony.
One-Bedroom Villas accommodate up to five Guests, plus one child
under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, king-size bed in master bedroom and queen-size sleeper sofa in living room and private porch or balcony.
Deluxe Studios accommodate up to four Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and have a kitchenette, one queen-size bed, double-size sleeper sofa and private porch or balcony.
A limited number of 3-Bedroom Grand Villas accommodating up to 12 Guests are available upon request.
Dining at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas
• Jiko–The Cooking Place – Dinner featuring familiar foods with an African touch: seafood, steak, chicken and vegetarian offerings infused with the vibrant flavors and fragrant spices of Africa.
• Boma – Flavors of Africa – Breakfast and dinner buffet featuring all-you-care-to-enjoy African-inspired cuisine and vegetarian options.
• Sanaa at Kidani Village – African cooking with an Indian influence. Guests enjoy familiar foods from our tandoor ovens or slow-cooked specialties with flavorful spices of Africa. With a view of the savanna, this casual family restaurant offers lunch and dinner.
• The Mara – Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks featuring fresh salads, soups, American grilled sandwiches, and bakery items.
• Victoria Falls Lounge serving appetizers, pool side bar, room service.
• Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar
Amenities at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas
|Swimming Pool – Outdoor||Playground||Laundry Facilities/Services|
|Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center||Arcade||Airport Transportation|
|Animal Programs & Viewing Areas||Jogging Trail||Complimentary shuttle|
|Accommodations for Guests with Disabilities||Room Service||Restaurants On-site|
|Baby sitting and Child Services||Shopping On-Site||Internet Access Available|
Just for Kids
• Simba's Cubhouse – Supervised games, videos, arts and crafts available from 4:30 p.m. to midnight (additional fee applies).
Disney Animal Kingdom Resort Area Hotels
|Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge||Disney's All-Star Music Resort|
|Disney's Coronado Springs Resort||Disney's All-Star Sports Resort|
|Disney's All-Star Movies Resort|
Other Walt Disney Resort Hotels
|Disney's Contemporary Resort||Disney's Beach Club Resort|
|Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa||Disney's Beach Club Villas|
|Disney's Yacht Club Resort||Disney's BoardWalk Inn|
|Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort||Disney's BoardWalk Villas|
|Walt Disney World Dolphin||Disney's Wilderness Lodge|
|Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa||The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge|
|Disney's Polynesian Resort||Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground|
|Disney's Old Key West Resort||Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort|
|Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort|